VITEEE Chemistry Syllabus 2021 | Download VIT Exam Chemistry Syllabus | Check VITEEE Exam Pattern @vit.ac.in
VITEEE Chemistry Syllabus 2021: Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has released the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE- 21) syllabus on its official website @vit.ac.in and viteee.ac.in. The syllabus of VITEEE 2021 includes the subjects, topics, and units that candidates have to study for the VITEEE 2021. Candidates, who are looking for VIT Entrance Exam 2021 Chemistry Syllabus, now check the VITEEE Chemistry syllabus here. Aspirants who have going to attend the VIT Entrance Exam or who had applied for the VITEEE exam can download the VITEEE Exam Chemistry Syllabus PDF. Here we have given the direct link to download the VITEEE Chemistry Syllabus 2021, exam pattern, etc.
|Exam Name||VITEEE 2021|
The VITEEE Exam syllabus/ VITEEE Chemistry Syllabus is available on the VIT official website @ www.viteee.ac.in. Candidates are suggested to refer to the VITEEE syllabus while preparing for VITEEE/ VIT Engineering Entrance Exam 2021. Along with this VIT Chemistry syllabus, candidates can refer VITEEE 2021 exam pattern also. Otherwise, here we have given a direct download link to get for VITEEE 2021 Chemistry Syllabus. Stay connected with our Naukrimessenger website to get more details regarding, VIT Exam admit card, VITEEE exam center/ venue, VITEEE syllabus, scorecard/ merit list, VITEEE answer key, VITEEE result, etc.
VITEEE Syllabus 2021
Here you can check the latest VITEEE Chemistry Exam Pattern i.e, VITEEE Exam date, subject wise marks, total no. of marks & questions, VIT Engineering Entrance Exam duration, venue, date & time, negative marks, etc. Here we will be issued more details regarding VITEEE Chemistry Exam Pattern, exam date, Syllabus, Admit Card, selection list, result/ merit list, etc. So keep in touch with our Naukrimessenger website to get all further updates regarding VITEEE Chemistry Syllabus. The subject-wise syllabus is available in the PDF. More Details regarding VITEEE Chemistry Syllabus, VIT Entrance Exam Slot Booking, VITEEE Admit Card Release date, VITEEE Chemistry, Aptitude, Mathematics, Biology, English Syllabus, VITEEE Chemistry Syllabus, VITEEE result, merit list/ selection list, etc. are available on its official website @www.vit.ac.in/ viteee.ac.in.
VITEEE 2021 Chemistry Syllabus
Here we have given the exact details of VITEEE-2021- Chemistry Syllabus/ VIT Chemistry Syllabus 2021. So, candidates have to start their VITEEE preparation, without any hesitation. Also candidates advised to check and download the VITEEE 2021 exam syllabus PDF. The VITEE Chemistry syllabus link is located at the end of this article. VIT exam syllabus 2021 contains important topics from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English & Aptitude. In this VITEEE syllabus page, we have exclusively provided the Chemistry Syllabus for the VIT Entrance Examination 2021.
- Bohr’s atomic model Sommerfeld’s extension of atomic structure; Electronic configuration and Quantum numbers; Shapes of s,p,d,f orbitals – Pauli’s exclusion principle – Hund’s Rule of maximum multiplicity- Aufbau principle. Emission and absorption spectra, line and band spectra; Hydrogen spectrum – Lyman, Balmer, Paschen, Brackett and Pfund series; deBroglie’s theory; Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle – wave nature of electron – Schrodinger wave equation (No derivation). Eigen values and eigen functions. Hybridization of atomic orbitals involving s,p and d orbitals.
p, d and f – Block Elements:
- p-block elements – Phosphorous compounds; PCl3, PCl5 – Oxides. Hydrogen halides, Inter halogen compounds. Xenon fluoride compounds. General Characteristics of d – block elements – Electronic Configuration – Oxidation states of first row transition elements and their colours. Occurrence and principles of extraction: Copper, Silver, Gold and Zinc. Preparation and properties of CuSO4, AgNO3 and K2Cr2O7. Lanthanides – Introduction, electronic configuration, general characteristics, oxidation state – lanthanide contraction, uses, brief comparison of Lanthanides and Actinides.
Coordination Chemistry and Solid State:
- Chemistry Introduction – Terminology in coordination chemistry – IUPAC nomenclature of mononuclear coordination compounds. Isomerism, Geometrical isomerism in 4-coordinate, 6-coordinate complexes. Theories on coordination compounds – Werner’s theory (brief), Valence Bond theory. Uses of coordination compounds. Bioinorganic compounds (Haemoglobin and chlorophyll).
- Lattice – unit cell, systems, types of crystals, packing in solids; Ionic crystals – Imperfections in solids – point defects. X-Ray diffraction – Electrical Property, Amorphous solids (elementary ideas only).
Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics
- I and II law of thermodynamics – spontaneous and non-spontaneous processes, entropy, Gibb’s free energy – Free energy change and chemical equilibrium – significance of entropy. Law of mass action – Le Chatlier’s principle, applications of chemical equilibrium. Rate expression, order and molecularity of reactions, zero order, first order and pseudo first order reaction – half-life period. Determination of rate constant and order of reaction. Temperature dependence of rate constant – Arrhenius equation and activation energy.
- Theory of electrical conductance; metallic and electrolytic conductance. Faraday’s laws – theory of strong electrolytes – Specific resistance, specific conductance, equivalent and molar conductance – Variation of conductance with dilution – Kohlrausch’s Law – Ionic product of water, pH and pH– buffer solutions – use of pH values. Cells – Electrodes and electrode potentials – construction of cell and EMF values, Fuel cells, Corrosion and its prevention.
Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Definition, Classification – structural isomerism, stereo isomerism – geometrical and optical isomerism. Optical activity- chirality – compounds containing chiral centres – R, S notation, D, L notation.
Alcohols and Ethers
- Nomenclature of alcohols – Classification of alcohols – distinction between 10, 20 and 30 alcohols – General methods of preparation of primary alcohols, properties. Methods of preparation of dihydric alcohols: Glycol – Properties – Uses. Methods of preparation of trihydric alcohols – Properties – Uses. Aromatic alcohols – preparation and properties of phenols and benzyl alcohol.
- Ethers – Nomenclature of ethers – general methods of preparation of aliphatic ethers – Properties – Uses. Aromatic ethers – Preparation of Anisole – Uses.
- Nomenclature of carbonyl compounds – Comparison of aldehydes and ketones. General methods of preparation of aldehydes – Properties – Uses. Aromatic aldehydes – preparation of benzaldehyde – Properties and Uses. Ketones – general methods of preparation of aliphatic ketones (acetone) – Properties – Uses. Aromatic ketones – preparation of acetophenone – Properties – Uses, preparation of benzophenone – Properties. Name reactions; Clemmenson reduction, Wolff – Kishner reduction, Cannizzaro reaction, Claisen Schmidt reaction, Benzoin Condensation, Aldol Condensation. Preparation and applications of Grignard reagents.
Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives
- Nomenclature – Preparation of aliphatic monocarboxylic acids – formic acid – Properties – Uses. Monohydroxy mono carboxylic acids; Lactic acid – Synthesis of lactic acid. Aliphatic dicarboxylic acids; Preparation of oxalic and succinic acids. Aromatic acids; Benzoic and Salicylic acids – Properties – Uses. Derivatives of carboxylic acids; acetyl chloride (CH3COCl) – Preparation – Properties – Uses. Preparation of acetamide, Properties – acetic anhydride – Preparation, Properties. Preparation of esters – methyl acetate – Properties.
Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules
- Aliphatic nitro compounds – Preparation of aliphatic nitroalkanes – Properties – Uses. Aromatic nitro compounds – Preparation – Properties – Uses. Distinction between aliphatic and aromatic nitro compounds. Amines; aliphatic amines – General methods of preparation – Properties – Distinction between 10, 20 and 30 amines. Aromatic amines – Synthesis of benzylamine – Properties, Aniline – Preparation – Properties – Uses. Differences between aliphatic and aromatic amines. Aliphatic nitriles – Preparation – properties – Uses. Diazonium salts – Preparation of benzene diazonium chloride – Properties.
- Carbohydrates – Distinction between sugars and non-sugars, structural formulae of glucose, fructose and sucrose, with their linkages, invert sugar – definition, examples of oligo and polysaccharides,
- Amino acids – Classification with examples, Peptides-properties of peptide bond,
- Lipids – Definition, classification with examples, difference between fats, oils and waxes.
VITEEE Exam pattern 2021
- Mathematics/ Biology, Chemistry, Chemistry: 25 Questions
- English: 2 questions
- Aptitude: 3 questions
- Total no. of questions: 80 ques.
- Exam duration: 90 mins
- Each Correct answer contains 01 mark
- There will be no negative marks for wrong answers
Steps to Download VITEEE Exam Syllabus/ VITEEE 2021 Chemistry Syllabus @viteee.ac.in
- Go to the VIT official website @vit.ac.in
- Find & click on the “VITEEE” link.
- It will redirect to VITEEE 2021 Exam page
- Click on the VITEE 2021 syllabus
- Now choose the VITEEE concerned subject syllabus
- The VITEEE 2021 Chemistry Syllabus will display on the screen
- Download the VITEEE Chemistry Syllabus 2021 & start your VITEEE Exam Preparation
- Here we have provided a direct link to download the VITEEE Chemistry Syllabus & other subjects Syllabus link also.
- Download it & score more marks in the VITEEE exam 2021.
|Exam Date||May 28-31, 2021|