PSSSB School Librarian Syllabus 2022 | PSSSB Librarian Syllabus | Punjab SSB Exam pattern | Download Punjab Librarian Exam pattern | PSSSB Syllabus @ sssb.punjab.gov.in
PSSSB School Librarian Syllabus 2022 | PSSSB Exam Syllabus: Punjab Subordinate Selection Service Board (PSSSB) is going to conduct the examination for the various Schools’ Librarian posts. Candidates who have applied for this PSSSB Librarian Recruitment can view & verify the latest Exam syllabus & pattern on its officials @ www.sssb.punjab.gov.in syllabus 2022. Here we have provided the new Punjab PSSSB Syllabus & Exam pattern for free cost. Read the sections below to know the Topic-wise topics, PSSSB School Librarian Selection Method, Exam syllabi, Exam structure, and Preparation Tips for the Exam. Get the latest Job Openings Here
Having a reasonable idea of the syllabus and examination system will help you to easily tackle the exam. The Commission publishes the examination system in PDF format before the examination. Applicants can visit this page for more information on the syllabus and examination system. The candidates must carefully understand and evaluate the Syllabus 2022 to know what will be covered in the exam and what to prepare for.
- Also, we have provided the PSSSB School Librarian Previous Year Papers will be helpful to the candidates. Download the PSSSB Librarian’s old papers now and get access to the quality exam preparation materials! Solving these papers regularly will be of great help in preparing for the upcoming Exam
|Exam Name||Written Test|
|Join our Telegram|
PSSSB Librarian 2022 Exam Scheme @ www.sssb.punjab.gov.in Librarian
Comprehensive knowledge of the syllabus, Exam Pattern, Examination structure, Mark allotment, etc. greatly helps to know all the topics. See the below section to easily understand the important topics and weightage for the exam. To know more about upcoming State Govt jobs, kindly touch the attached link
- The offline written exam will have objective-type questions.
- 01 mark will be given for each correct answer.
- For each wrong answer in the first round, 1/4 will be marked as negative.
- The language of the questions should be Hindi/ English.
- An OMR sheet will be provided to answer the questions.
Besides, for entrants, we have provided vacancy details for the PSSSB upcoming job, eligibility, salary details, Exam pattern, syllabus, previous year question papers, last date, important date, Age limit, Selection process, login, Result, application form, Answer Key, Exam dates, Admit card and many other central & state government jobs details on this page.
PSSSB School Librarian Exam Pattern 2022
It is important for all the candidates envisioning applying for the exam to get acknowledged with the PSSSB School Librarian Recruitment Syllabus. Government exams will always be the first choice for job seekers because of the stability and security it offers. So, this article divides the PSSSB School Librarian Exam pattern 2022 and the exam system so that examinees can better understand it.
|Subject Names||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability||10 Marks|
|General Knowledge and Awareness (India & Punjab)||15 Marks|
|Information and Communication Technology in Library & Computers||15 Marks|
|Language (Punjabi & English)||20 Marks|
|Library Science||60 Marks|
PSSSB School Librarian Syllabus 2022 – Topic Wise
The PSSSB School Librarian Recruitment Syllabus is important for all applicants who wish to apply for accreditation. The Exam syllabus is essential for any exam because it helps to measure the importance of the right topics that will test the skills of the examinees. Understanding the PSSSB School Librarian Curriculum facilitates preparation by defining topics that a candidate can test. To understand the PSSSB examination system, it is important to know the examination plan and prepare accordingly.
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportions
- Time & Ratio
- Time and Distance
- Profit and Loss
- Decimal & Fractions
- Problems on Ages
- HCF & LCM
- Data Interpretation
- Time and Distance
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Number Series
- Divisibility Test
Reasoning Ability Syllabus
- Analogy problems
- Common Sense Test
- Problems with the Alphabetical Arrangement of Words
- Problem with Logical Thinking
- Alphanumeric Series
- Letter & Number Series
- Odd Man Out problems
General Knowledge and Awareness (India & Punjab) Syllabus
- Knowledge related to Political and Scientific fields
- Cinema and Literature etc.
- Important Events
- Movements and Leaders of India and Punjab. (Only questions with definitive dates or years, if required)
- Current Affairs
- History & Geography
- Physical Features
- Climate and Demography of India
- India’s Economic and Social Development
- Poverty Alleviation
- Economic Planning, Etc.
- Economic Affairs and Culture
Information and Communication Technology in Library & Computers
- Understanding emails/SMS/ messengers
- Use of Office Productivity Tools such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, spreadsheets, etc.
- Library software: KOHA, SOUL, LIBSYS. Barcode and RFID
- Basics of Computers
- Working on Mobile Phones and personal digital Gadgets
- Wireless Technology including 3G, 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Use of hotspots
- Fundamentals of Computer networks
- Internet, Malware
- Concepts related to GPS
English Language Syllabus
- Correction in Sentences
- Singular and Plural
- Idioms and their meanings
- Reading comprehension
- Spell Checks
- Basic Grammar
- Subject and Verb
- Adjectives and Adverbs
- One word Substitution
- Fill in the blanks
- Problem concerning words
- Comparison of Adjectives
- Direct and Speech
- Active and Passive Voice
Punjabi Language Syllabus
- ਸ਼ਬਦਾਂ ਸੰਬੰਧੀ ਸਮੱਸਿਆਵਾਂ
- ਵਿਸ਼ੇਸ਼ਤਾਵਾਂ ਦੀ ਤੁਲਨਾ ਲੇਖ
- ਤਿਆਰੀ ਸਿੱਧਾ ਅਤੇ ਅਪ੍ਰਤੱਖ ਭਾਸ਼ਣ
- ਐਕਟਿਵ ਅਤੇ ਪੈਸਿਵ ਆਵਾਜ਼
- ਵਾਕ ਸੁਧਾਰ
- ਲਿੰਗ, ਇਕਵਚਨ, ਬਹੁਵਚਨ
- ਮੁਹਾਵਰੇ ਅਤੇ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਅਰਥ.
- ਪੜਨਾ ਸਮਝਣਾ
- ਸਪੈਲ ਚੈੱਕ ਆਦਿ
- ਵਿਸ਼ਾ ਅਤੇ ਕਿਰਿਆ
- ਸਮਾਨਾਰਥੀ ਸ਼ਬਦ
- ਵਿਰੋਧੀ ਸ਼ਬਦ
- ਬਹੁਤੇ ਸ਼ਬਦਾਂ ਦੀ ਥਾਂ ਇਕ ਸ਼ਬਦ
- ਖਾਲੀ ਜਗ੍ਹਾ ਭਰੋ
Library Sciences Syllabus
- Libraries: Organisation, purpose, and functions of Libraries; National and international Library Associations: ILA, ALA, CILIP IASLIC, RRRLF, UNESCO, IFLA. Laws of Library Science, Different types of Libraries; Library Movement in India after 1947; Library Co-operation, Library Consortium.
- Different sections of the Library and their functions: Acquisition, Periodical, Technical, Reference, Circulation and Maintenance, Library Rules. Elementary knowledge of computer applications in libraries.
- Reference Service: Definition, need, and purpose of Reference Service; Initiation of the fresh reader; Kinds of Reference Service, CAS, and SDI. Documentary and Non-Documentary sources of information including electronics. Reference and Information Sources: Definition, kinds and uses, evaluation of reference sources.
- Documentation and information centers and, Information systems and networks with special reference to India: DELNET, INFLIBNET, NISCAIR, DESIDOC, NASSDOC
- Bibliography Definition, need, and purpose of bibliography: kinds of bibliographies; National Bibliography (I. N. B./ B. N. B.); Subject Bibliography; Trade Bibliography.
- Classification: Definition, need, purpose: Fundamental categories and Facet analysis: Notation; Call Number: Book number and Collection number, Schemes of Library. Classification: Introduction to Dewey Decimal Classification and Colon Classification. Electronic classification: Web Dewey.
- Library Catalogue: Definition, need, purpose, and functions; Physical forms of catalogs, Types of Catalogues, Kinds of entries and their functions; Parts of entries; Subject headings and chain procedure; filing of entries, Current trends: MARC, ISBD, CCF, RDA.
- School Library System: Definition, need and objectives, components, Information sources in school libraries, Initiatives for School Libraries in India, Role of Professional Associations in the development of school libraries, International Association of School Librarianship (IASL), IFLA School Libraries Section.
- Library and its users: Role of libraries in a digital context; categories of users and their information needs; information-seeking behavior user studies; Research tools
Punjab Subordinate Selection Service Board Exam – Preparation Tips
Only a powerful product strategy is required to get the final exam. Owing to the reason is due to the large number of competitors appearing for the written test, those who are interested should work in a proper manner so that they can easily get the cut-off marks. To get upcoming & latest Graduate Jobs click here
- The candidates who successfully score high marks on the test will be called for the next round.
- The syllabus contains the relevant topics which a candidate has to prepare for the examination.
- It is always helpful to follow the books shared on this page for all the subjects asked in the exam to clear the exam with ease
- To achieve this, it is essential to know the syllabus in-depth and create a smart strategy for exam preparation
- To improve one’s speed and accuracy of answering the questions, it is suggested that solving one Previous Year Papers could be helpful.
Method to download: PSSSB Syllabus 2022 Exam pattern PDF
- Go to the official website portal at www.sssb.punjab.gov.in
- Then enter the homepage & find the Punjab SSSB Syllabus & Exam pattern
- Now tap on it to view & verify the PSSSB Exam 2022 syllabus & Pattern
- Finally, download it for future reference